Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was great. It was my first Thanksgiving away from home, and I was lucky enough to have people to spend it with. On Thanksgiving night, I went over to my friends The Metzger’s apartment and ate with them. I met them my first summer in LA, when I lived in that circus of an apartment with recovering addicts and Russian girls. Remember that? They somehow took a liking to me and we’ve kept in touch. Luckily, I wasn’t the only non-family member there. There were a bunch, it was sort of like a halfway house for LA transplants, ha. It was great. I said to Kassi a couple of days later, “You know, it’s fine for me to not have a family’s place to go to on Thanksgiving now when I’m 22, but I can NOT be that 40 year old queen who still has no family later on down the road.” Just a thought.

After dinner wrapped up, I said my thank yous and goodbyes and drove down to Playa Del Rey for some post-Thanksgiving festivities. A good friend from high school, Brant lives out here (less than a mile away from me, no less) and his sister and a bunch of their friends have a place in Playa that’s right on the ocean, so we all went there that night. It was a ton of fun. There was a bon fire (sort of think, I guess. I don’t know, what constitutes a bonfire?) more food, and lots of beer pong. As the night wore on, we ended up putting a new spin on an old rule. Old Rule: “The Troll Roll” is when a partner doesn’t make any cups for an entire game, they have to sit under the table for the entirety of the next round. Well, we started coming up with funny names and rules for other interpretations of The Troll Roll, all jokingly of course. Until we came to The Gargoyle. Behind the beer pong table was a book case about seven feet high, so before long, instead of getting under the table, you had to…well, observe.



Totally amazing/pathetic.

Anyway, Gargoyled or not, it couldn’t have been a better Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment